How to associate a contact with a client (for e-mail/SMS)
Your contacts consist of your individual clients and and other individuals you have set up on the system who are not clients. You can associate contacts with any number of clients. The reason for doing this is to enable the contact to receive e-mail and SMS messages sent by the Glide system in relation to the client.
Note that you can also link one client to another, this is a different concept discussed here.
You can record a description of the relationship and also apply tags to the relationship. You will use tags to determine which contacts receive each of your e-mail and SMS messages.
To associate a contact with a client follow these steps:
- Navigate to the client card by clicking on the client name wherever you see it or by using the search box.
- Click on the Contacts tab. This is on the left hand side of the client card.
- Click on the Add Contact button. A pop up will appear.
- If the contact already exists on the Glide system leave Add existing contact/individual selected and choose the contact in the drop down box. Alternatively if you wish to set up a new contact select the Create new contact option and enter the title, first name and surname of the new contact. Note that you can not create an individual client here, only contacts, though a contact can later be upgraded to an individual client if they become a client.
- Enter a description of the relationship in the Connection note, this is optional and is designed to provide a reminder of the relationship for reference purposes only.
- If you have already set up one or more contact tag you can set the first tag here in the Add a tag dropdown. You can add more tags later on so it is not crucial to do this now.
- Click Create to associate the contact with the client.
You can also import the associations between contacts and clients in bulk.