What is a workflow route?
All workflow systems automatically contain one workflow route, this is the minimum required to operate the system. You can however created multiple workflow routes.
The workflow route consists of the following:
- Job fields that you wish to appear on these jobs.
- Deadlines that you wish to appear on these jobs.
- Workflow steps that apply to the route, consisting of:
- A special step that the system runs on job creation.
- (Optionally) a special step that the system runs when a job is taken from the pool.
- The various progress buttons that users will see on each stage that will progress you through the stages ultimately completing the job.
- The workflow actions you set to be triggered by each step (special steps and progress buttons).
- Alerts that you wish to be triggered on this route.
Where you have more than one route variation you tell the system which route each client should use. Jobs are created on one route or another and when looking at the job card you will only see stages, job fields, deadlines and progress buttons that are included on the route. Workflow actions and alerts will only be triggered if they are on the route.