Denote a client field as holding the e-mail address for e-mail sending purposes
When Glide sends e-mail messages to a client or contact it shall need to know which field holds the e-mail address you wish to use. Only 1 field can be designated as being relevant for this purpose. By default in a new Glide system the E-mail 1 field found on the client summary tab is designated.
This same field can optionally be included in an active Xero integration.
The field designated as the e-mail field will have a message icon alongside it when viewed on the client card.
To set/change the field you should do the following:
- Click on the Config menu (Superuser access required).
- If you are updating a field that appears on the summary tab click on Edit additional client fields and jump to step 5 in these notes. If you are updating a field that appears on a workflow system tab of the client card click on Edit workflow systems.
- Drill into the appropriate workflow system by clicking on the pencil icon alongside the name.
- Click on the Custom client fields tab.
- Click on the pencil icon alongside the field you wish to update.
- In the data store tag dropdown select E-mail if you would like the field to be used for e-mail address purposes. If you are de-selecting a field then change the setting back to (not tag linked). Ensure there is only ever 1 field tagged as e-mail, the system will ignore any duplicate tags.
- Click Save.
If you need to create a new field first, then follow these steps. We recommend e-mail addresses be held in String (short) fields.