Activate webhook triggered by e-mail generation
Glide is able to trigger the sending of information to a custom webhook whenever an e-mail message is generated in the Glide system.
To activate this follow these steps:
- Click on the Config menu (Superuser access required).
- Click on Configure webhook triggers.
- Scroll down until you find the on Send e-mail trigger.
- Click the green New button below.
- Enter your webhook URL into the pop up and click save.
Information will now be sent to the webhook whenever an e-mail is generated, this includes:
- The date and time the message was generated.
- The from name.
- The from address.
- The to address.
- The e-mail subject.
- The content of the e-mail in HTML format.
- The content of the e-mail in plain text format.
- The unique ID of the client that the e-mail relates to.
- The unique ID of the job that the e-mail relates to (if applicable).
- The unique ID of the e-mail template that generated the message (if applicable).
- The unique ID Glide has assigned to the message.
- The trigger occurs when a message is generated, this might be when the message is sent but you may have messages being added to a queue for manual sending.
- The webhook will trigger even if the message sending fails, for example where the message is bounced by the receiving mail server.
- The message will send for all e-mails generated. You will need to filter as required in your script / Zap. For example this will likely be to identify a specific template.
- You can use this webhook service to send all of your e-mails from a different e-mail server, for example using the GMail Zapier app. You would need to deactivate sending in Glide.