Import a batch of expenses from Excel
If you have a lot of client expenses / disbursements to add then you may find it quicker to use our Excel based import system.
To import a batch of expenses follow these steps:
- Click on the Config menu (Superuser access required).
- Click on the Import expenses link.
- Click on the Download Expenses Import Spreadsheet link.
- Find the sheet in your downloads folder and open it.
- Enter the data following the guide below. Save your file and close it.
- Returning to your Glide window, click on the green Select completed spreadsheet button.
- Locate your saved file and click OK.
- If any errors or issues are detected then you'll need to click on the blue Try again button. Make appropriate changes to your spreadsheet and repeat the process.
- If the data passes our checks then you can click the blue Confirm spreadsheet import button. Before clicking this, check the data preview and the sub-totals shown are in agreement with your expectations.
Spreadsheet layout & required format:
|A||Date||YES||Date||This is your expense entry date.|
|B||Category||YES||A Glide client category||The expense created will be allocated to this category. You can create an unlimited number of categories and categories can be 'Expense only' if required.|
|C||Client||YES||A Glide client code||This must match an existing Glide client code.|
|D||User||NO||The initials for a user on Glide||These must match the initials of a user on the Glide system.|
|E||Description||YES||Free text||This will provide the description of the expense, for example when viewing a WIP analysis or raising a bill.|
|F||Value||YES||Number to 2pd.||This is the value of the expense. This amount will be added to the client WIP valuation.|