Import a batch of invoices from Excel
There may be occasions where you wish to import a batch of invoices from a spreadsheet, you can do so. For each invoice imported Glide will create an invoice in Glide and a equivalent advance time balance within the WIP valuation for the relevant client. This advance time balance can then be redeemed, in part of in full, on future invoices or WIP allocations.
The process we follow mirrors the importing of automatically generated invoices on a Xero or Sage system.
To import a batch of invoices follow these steps:
- Click on the Config menu (Superuser access required).
- Click on the Import invoices link.
- Click on the Download Invoice Import Spreadsheet link.
- Find the sheet in your downloads folder and open it.
- Enter the data following the guide below. Save your file and close it.
- Returning to your Glide window, click on the green Select completed spreadsheet button.
- Locate your saved file and click OK.
- If any errors or issues are detected then you'll need to click on the blue Try again button. Make appropriate changes to your spreadsheet and repeat the process.
- If the data passes our checks then you can click the blue Confirm spreadsheet import button. Before clicking this, check the data preview and the sub-totals shown are in agreement with your expectations.
- To finish, click one of the blue buttons, either Return to dashboard or Import more.
Spreadsheet layout & format required:
|B||Invoice date||YES||Date||This is your invoice date.|
|C||Invoice code||YES||String||This is your invoice number.
It must be unique on your Glide system.
|D||Client code||YES||A Glide client code||This must match an existing Glide client code.|
|E||Description||YES||Free text||A description of what the invoice covers.|
|F||Category||YES||A Glide client category||The advance time created will be allocated
to this category. You can create an unlimited
number of categories.
|G||Net||YES||Number to 2dp.||The net total for the invoice.|
|H||Gross||YES||Number to 2dp.||The gross total for the invoice.|